To fulfil your order for a product or service, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product or service that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide additional personal information if you contact me directly.
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns when someone visits www.blightybushcraft.co.uk. We use Google Analytics to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of lawful grounds to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list (please see below for further information on this);
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information in the form of your email address. We use that information to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us to monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to Blighty Bushcraft. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, in this case that means delivery companies such as My Hermes and Royal Mail, email provider Mailchimp and Paypal to process payments made through our shop. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Please see Paypal’s Privacy Notice for further information on how data is collected and what they use it for.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. Blighty Bushcraft may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data for example by storing your personal data on secure servers; encrypting payment details using SSL technology and securing our website by using “https” technology.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. All we can do is use all our reasonable efforts to safeguard your data and ensure that we maintain a reliable and safe environment to use your data. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Special category data that you may provide, such as any medical conditions, will be retained for a period of one month following the date of the course or workshop and securely destroyed.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority. Within the UK this is the Information Commissioners Office: www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Blighty Bushcraft is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed regularly and in line with current legislation.